Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sean Cody Most Handsome

Grotto Vallera, Genestrerio (Mendrisio) exploit

Grotto Vallera, Via Vallera, Mendrisio-Genestrerio, Tel 091 647 18 91, closed Monday, Saturday noon


The Grotto, we have discovered a while ago, when we a recommendation of the Slow Food osteria-leader are followed. In the recently published re Osteria d'Italia 2011/2012 it is listed.

On the outward journey I discover the Cantina Vinattieri whose white wines I like a lot and right on the path leading to the . Grotto is out, Gerhard lucky: today is Sunday - closed ....

That is Sunday lunch, is noticeable in the grotto. No reservation is nothing. Many families eat here in Ticino, a good sign. The card is held comfortably small, I still remember the last visit that this great emphasis on product selection and shop owners only in Ticino producers. This is most apparent even at the starter -

we had a plate with salami, lard and delicious Ticino Mortadella di fegato see here on the photo a little on my plate arranged selection. Then
Caro ordered homemade black ravioli stuffed with sea bass - I had the taste: delicious! Gerhard had Brasato with tagliatelle and Yannick calf brains, beautiful, crisp fried pieces erninnerten me a lot of sweetbreads served on request with noodles, potatoes or polenta.

The photo of my sirloin steak was, unfortunately, the lack of exposure to the victim.

But then again, the two desserts are to see:

Torta di Pane bread cake, a well-known local specialties

and apple strudel

and for me there was to the excellent Ticino Merlot something nice surprise from which I will report separately.
read in the latest edition of Urchuchi me that the owners of this wonderful grottos, the brothers Franco and Fernando Buzzi recently another Grotto lead near the Grotto of Santa Margherita in Stabio - there would I like to go there

0 comments:

Post a Comment